Vintage Backpacks feature a vintage hand embroidered front pocket and flap. Our artisans choose which vintage wall-hangings are beyond repair and up-cycle the undamaged areas to create unique bags. The wall hangings were all individually hand embroidered as wall-hangings for a ger (yurt) and feature traditional Kazakh motifs.
All our vintage backpacks are a unique combination of the original wall hanging and the choices made in up-cycling the material, so each bag is unique, even if a batch of bags made from the same wall hanging may have similarities.
Each backpack has:
- Vintage hand embroidered panels on front pocket and flap
- Three large fully-lined, zipped pockets
- The middle pocket has two additional inner slip pockets - one of which is zipped
- Front pocket decorated with embroidery and closed by an embroidered flap with magnetic fastener
- Carrying handle
- Shoulder straps - adjustable from 45 to 91cm (approx)
- Size - 25 x 20 x 11cm (approx maximum dimensions)
Each Vintage Backpack is unique so please select your own unique backpack using the colour and embroidery options on this page.